Saturday, November 14, 2009

cas kaplan - autumn town

the leaves are turning and the sun sets early. "lake of autumn" is a holdover from the history of the moon period, the rest were all done on my roommate's guitar in my dorm room. "speedboat's wake" is a song my dad wrote and my mom used to sing; i don't really have the voice for it. "franny" is a song my brother wrote about a book in high school. i don't have the lyrics right because i couldn't hear them on his recording and i didn't want to ask him because it was supposed to be a surprise. surprise!

download cas kaplan - autumn town



tracklist:

1. lake of autumn (folk song 183)
2. feelin fine
3. older brother
4. speedboat's wake
5. franny (part ii)
6. 3 am and nothing
7. time and place (lacus lenitatis)

"speedboat's wake" written by phil kaplan. "franny (part ii)" written by wes kaplan. cover photo by christy romanick.

No comments:

Post a Comment